Dandruff remedies with natural ingredients used at home are effective and can cure dandruff without damaging our hair. Thise natural remedies also helps you to have healthy hair and prevents it from damaging. Our parents and grandparents have used and passed these remedies on to their next generation with love. Let’s discuss what I would love to treat my hair with.
Dandruff home remidy with Fenugreek seeds
Methi or fenugreek seeds are widely used as a remedy for dandruff. Many hair care products use fenugreek seeds.
How to use?
Take 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and soak it in some water overnight. In the morning make it a smooth paste. Or if you want, you can also use fenugreek seeds powder, make a paste and leave it for 30 minutes. Add half of a lemon to the paste, also you can add egg (optional) to the paste. Apply it on your scalp generously also on your hair. Keep it for 30 to 45 minutes. Wash it off with your favorite shampoo. Repeat at least once a week for best results.
Lemon to remove dandruff
Lemon is full of vitamin C helps to fight many problems skin problems also dandruff. But using lemon directly on skin can caus damage. So it is advised to use combined with some nourishing properties.
- Mix lemon with Aloe vera gel in 1:1 ratio.
- Mix lemon with egg.
- Mix lemon with honey in 1:1 ratio.
Use any of these mixtures focused on your scalp, leave it for 30 minutes and wash with your favorite shampoo and use conditioner.
Amla or Indian gooseberry to remove dandruff
Amla is also used to remove dandruff since long. Rich in vitamin C helps to prevent many health problems and helps to get shin in hair.
- Use raw amla paste on your scalp and hair.
- Mix amla paste with egg, honey, aloevera, honey.
Use any of those hair masks on your scalp and hair, keep it for 30 minutes, wash off with shampoo and use conditioner. If fresh amla is not available you can also use Amla powder, soak it overnight in normal water and use it in the morning.
Castor oil to fight dandruff
Castor is popularly used for new hair growth and have thick hair. Also, it is helpful for multiple health and skin problems, dandruff is one of them.
- Just mix castor oil with some other hair oil like almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil. Massage on your scalp and wash off well with shampoo.
Many a time doctors asks to avoid oil in dandruff depending on the type of dandruff you have. In such cases never use this.
Neem to fight dandruff
Neem has antibacterial properties and beneficial in multiple ways for health, skin and hair.
- Jus use neem leaves and make paste of it. Use directly or add 2 table spoons of lemon juice to it. Apply on scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash with normal water and shampoo.
Mehendi or hena to cure dandruff
Mahandi has beneficial properties for hair. It is used to colour hair naturally. But to prevent dandruff you can use hena too.
- Soak Hena overnight in a paste form in plain water. In the morning add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, egg or curd as per your choice. Apply generously on scalp and hair and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse with plenty of water and use shampoo.
Hena will turn your hair natural red color with time. So if you have done some color treatment use some other type suitable for you.
Dandruff home remidy with curd
Curd is used to get silky and smooth hair. It also helps to remove dandruff.
- Just apply plain curd on your scalp and hair.
- Add lemon and honey for extra nourishment
Apply any of the above-mentioned. Leave it for 30 minutes. Wash with shampoo.
Dandruff home remidy with Eggs
Eggs are great sources of protein. It nourishes the scalp and makes hair smooth and soft. Also can help to remove dandruff.
- Just add lemon to an egg, also some honey and curd (both optional).
Apply on your scalp and hair. Rinse it off with your favorite shampoo also use some conditioner.
Also read how egg hair mask can help to get healthy hair.
Use any of the above mentioned at least once a week. Chose products that suits you the best and do use any product that causes allergy or any irritation on your skin.