Stretch marks-the painful parmanent scares
If you are someone who is facing stretch marks for the first time or someone who is having stretch marks since long and want to know how to prevent stretch marks from further development or how to get rid of stretch marks this article is for you. When we grow up we start facing lots of skin issues which lead to lack of confidence in ourselves. Stretch marks are one of them. Stretch marks are scares that appears when the skin stretches or shrinks quickly. In the beginning they appear to be red later it transforms into a pale silver or white colour which is lighter than the skin tone . It occur for various reasons like adolescence, drastically weight gaining or wight loosing, pregnancy, hormonal imbalance and heredity being the major reasons.
How to prevent stretch marks
It is true that once you have stretch marks it is not possible to completely remove it in a natural way. So it is way better to prevent the appearance of stretch marks if you don’t want to have it on your body. Stretch marks occur mostly during pregnancy, adolescence and weight gain. So take care of your skin and body when you are expecting to face any of the above mentioned.
- If you are going to the gym to gain or lose weight, do it in a steady manner which will be helpful for your skin accept the chance in the muscles and tissues.
- Use good moisturizers of your choice. Or use coconut oil or olive oil, preferably mixed with vitamin E. For best results, use the same when the skin is a bit wet. Use this regularly to keep your skin soft so it can adopt the change. Every woman has stretch marks during pregnancy. Start to moisturize your skin from the beginning of pregnancy and continue it at least till 6 months post pregnancy.
- Drink plenty of water to keep our skin hydrated. Also have a balanced meal rich with vitamin and protein to boost your skin.
- Use collagen and elastin booster which are easily available in the market as stretch marks cream when you start gaining weight.
How to get rid of stretch marks
- Use fresh aloe Vera gel mixed, with some coconut oil. Apply it on your stretch marks and massage it for 10 minutes. Use it twice a day for best results.
- Massage the affected area with castor oil twice a day for 10 minutes. Castor oil is very sticky but it will leave your skin very soft compared to any other oil available around you. You can also cover the area with some cotton cloth and use some hot water bag to heat it. Use it for at least one month to notice some results.
- Consume vitamin A and E daily.
- Massage the affected area with Aloe Vera gel at night and leave it overnight, repeat it regularly. It helps to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. The same is helpful to reduce tan also.
- Massage with lemon juice for 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Don’t forget to moisturize every time after this. Repeat it regularly for best results.
- Exfoliation is good to remove dead cells. You can exfoliate with sugar. Take 1cup of sugar and half cup of coconut oil, add half of a lemon juice to it. Scrub your stretch marks gently for 5 to 10 minutes in a circular motion. Use it twice a week. Never forget the moisture after scrubbing.
- Use egg yolks as a mask. Add vitamin e capsule contains to it. Mix it very well. Apply it on the affected area with a brush and keep it for 15 minutes. Clean it with cold water and repeat it daily. Don’t forget the moisture.
- Use silicon gel in case of atrophic or depressed stretch marks.
- Use tretinoin cream on fresh stretch marks or red stretch marks. But both the above mentioned are avoided during pregnancy.
There are some other ways where you might have to undergo needle. For that you have to consult a doctor or a dermatologist.
To get rid of stretch marks completely is not possible at home. You have to be patient and regular with the process to lighten the appearance. You should prevent them from appearing that is the best way to avoid from further development. A small stretch marks are very normal in everyone, but if in case you face higher amount of them and feel uncomfortable due to that, you can visit a dermatologist to undergo any medical treatment advised by the doctor. But from my point of view, it is very much okay to have imperfections, they make us different from others and unique. We should be happy in our own skin.